Because of the cross, we may declare: – “Jesus voluntarily took my place. He took upon Himself everything that was due to me, so that everything that is His by right could become my inheritance. So I choose today to exchange my shame for his glory.”
• In place of our sin – we receive forgiveness. Matthew 26:28
• In place of our pain – we receive healing and comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:4
• In place our sickness – we receive health. Isaiah 53:5
• In place of our shame – we receive a double portion. Isaiah 61:7
• In place of anxiety – we receive peace. John 20:26
• In place of rejection – we receive acceptance as sons and daughters.
Galatians 3:26- 29
• In place of lack and poverty – we receive provision. Philippians 4:19
• In place of living as orphans – we receive adoption as sons and daughters.
The problem for most of us, is how to appropriate everything that is ours in Christ. To begin with,we need to come, not only to the cross, but through the cross to the place of resurrection.
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. (Romans 6:4)
Taken from INTERNATIONAL LEADERS SCHOOL STUDENT MANUAL – Module 3 – THE POWER OF THE CROSS by Nigel and June Hamilton